Friday, March 20, 2015

The Bathroom is Ready for Business!

We completed (ish) our first renovation project since our return to Newburyport.
We are happy with the results.
Jen is happy because she can kick me out of her bathroom now.
I am happy because I don't have to take a shower where the flimsy plastic shower curtain sticks to me, giving me cold shivers.  Plus, my bathroom is shiny and new.
 The grandkids left a plastic poo in the toilet.  The plumber told Jen 'your husband almost got me'.  She did not correct him, so now the old goat thinks I'm the kind of guy who plays juvenile jokes on strangers.  (I suppose I am, but he didn't have to know that !)

Jen here.  From this angle you can't tell the shower head is actually a little low.  I could take a comfortable shower but if we have any tall guests (Dima) the spray is probably going to hit them mid chest.  AFTER everything was done the plumber (who just found a poo in the toilet) said, "The shower head should really be on the opposite wall."  I assume he didn't say that when the shower was gutted because he didn't feel like doing it?
There are a lot of colors in the tile that are in our usual wheel house but when I suggested painting the room one of those orangy brown earth tones I was accused of being "Blendy."  I think that's a decorator slap-down.  
We still need to touch up the paint and put the socket covers back etc.  But this room is essentially done.  
My mother told me last night that there is AirPnP - - an app where people actually rent out their bathroom for passerby's to come and pee or shower (or worse).  I asked if there are different rates and she asked, "How would you know what they did?"  You might not know going in so it would have to be a pay on your way out system in order to get reimbursed accordingly. 

1 comment:

Lisa Roberts said...

I love the look of the new bathroom and the white and blue colors together are fabulous. The shower head height cracks me up.