Sunday, March 22, 2015

Start the Day at the Diner

One good thing about Spring snow is that it gives everything a new, clean, white coat.  At least that's what I tried to tell myself as we watched it fall yesterday.
I should have been documenting the snow fall and melt around this cairn.  Despite being buried it staying place as the snow melted around it. 
It was quiet yesterday morning on Atwood.  We walked to the diner.
We left little reminders that Petey is the Queen of the Universe along the way.
(As if anyone needed a reminder!!)
I usually compare the US to the UK with an edge of criticism but this is one thing the US does right - the diner.  It's even better in a nostalgic sepia tone.  It looks like no one was there but it actually was busy all morning.  Some people came and left quickly and others lingered over their eggs and hash browns.  In an alternate universe I go to the diner every morning for breakfast, sit at the counter, chat a bit with the staff and eat breakfast while  I read to start my day.  I've never actually done that but it sounds so good.  




Bill had to turn the color back on to get this woman's curls.



I had a coffee cake muffin split in half and toasted on the grill.  It makes a decadent breakfast even more fattening = delicious.  
After we finished eating it was time for my sneaky selfies.  I try to surprise even myself.



What a good way to start the day.  In fact I'm going again with Laura this morning….I'm waiting for her to knock on my door as I type this.  There she is….

No comments: