Monday, March 23, 2015

Kazuo in Cambridge

Saturday was my first author event back in the states.  Kazuo Ishiguro was speaking at the church at Harvard. (Books include Remains of the Day, Never Let Me Go…)
I have to admit that I was a little restless.  There was a man asleep on the same pew as me and it looked pretty good.  I was wishing i could either drop off or get some tea.
But first, let's take a look at the church,  It's beautiful.




Tidbits from Kazuo:
He used to write song lyrics before becoming a novelist.
He buys dvds in a theme and then has his own little film fest of French gangster movies or civil war dramas.  Screwball comedies are his favorite.  Mine too!!!


After the event I walked over to the bookstore to meet up with Bill.  This is one of my favorites in the Boston/Cambridge area.


This is a blurry picture of a mother sitting in an aisle reading to her son with her dog lying next to them.  Another child in the bottom left corner was interested in the dog.  I was really sad this picture came out blurry.  I was so happy to see a dog in the store.  We need more dogs in stores and pubs.  Let the dogs in, America.

No comments: