Monday, March 9, 2015

Sunday in the Square

Spring forward!    That means breakfast at 10:00 AM.  I thought if I took pictures of us having breakfast in black and white it would be more artsy - especially the selfies I took (as if I didn't know there was a camera there) and Bill trying to ignore me.  It's been a long time since we were out to breakfast and reading the Sunday paper.








One of my favorite shops in Harvard Square is Cardullo's where you can find stuff from all over the world including my favorite tea from Ireland (Bewley's) and our favorite candy from England (Curley Wurley).  They had cans of haggis and now I'm kicking myself that I didn't get one to try.
These are my favorite tea  but it's more photogenic than my tea.


Last night Rakesh told us that Sunday there would be the Chinese New Year parade in Harvard Square…even though Chinese New Year already came and went in China.  Perhaps the parade is just one more victim of the shite weather.  Anyway, we didn't see any parade but we saw (nonChinese) people either prepping for or coming back from being in it carrying various chinese items like paper mache heads.  Oops - I seem to have deleted one of those pictures and since Bill has the camera I can't get it back.  Oh well - there really were more than these three people.
It was finally feeling a bit like spring so we wandered around the pathways of Harvard Yard.  I look like I belong here, right?






Destination:  Harvard Art Museum - - tomorrow's post!

No comments: