Sunday, March 1, 2015

Bathroom Reno: Before

It's going to take some time, but we have a lot of projects around the house that we want to work on now that we are back.  
While we were in London, the old shower on the third floor lost some tiles at the base making it unusable.  So getting this retiled was our first priority.  I'm happy to get this done - the original bathroom was functional but nothing to get excited about.
I just realized that my photo includes Shower Money.  This is a plastic monkey that my mother gave me for my birthday that the grandkids like to shower with.  This is the way to get little kids to bathe - entice them with Shower Monkey.
We had the shower ripped out the other day and we really lucked out - no mold or wood damage behind the missing tiles.  
Bill and I picked out new tiles for the floor and the shower a few weeks ago.  We went in to with different ideas but I think we came to a good compromise.  Funny how I left the tile store thinking the whole experience wasn't half as bad as I thought it might be - and Bill left feeling like he had PTSD.  I'm not sure what this says about our negotiating skills after 15 years of marriage.  For the record, we picked something a lot more like what  Bill had in mind than what I would have picked on my own.  I will also note that this was also the same day we bought the new car which took no negotiation at all (between us at least) - we took one look at the olive green Fiat and we both said "sold".

The plumber arrives Wednesday to pull up the shower floor and install a new shower head and valve.  Then Thursday the tilers come to rip up the floor and start tiling.  Once that job is done we need to pick new paint colors.  Hopefully Bill and I can agree on that without a mediator.  More bathroom updates as they happen….

No comments: