Friday, June 20, 2014

Scenes from Ayr

We made the spontaneous decision to leave Arron a day early in search of a new town.  We had pretty much seen Arron (although I did miss the distillery tour).  So we threw a dart and headed to Ayr.  Ayr is on the mainland, down a bit south from Troon, home of links golf.
We stopped at Troon, which was a total tease.  No time for me to play a round.  We'll keep that on Dave and my list for the next golf trip we take.

In Ayr we found the tiniest little horses.  Jen liked this little guy, as he is in her colour palate.


If I had taken this picture seconds prior you would have seen that this little tiny horse has a giant penis.  It was a bit disconcerting.  

 We headed to the beach where we took pictures of ourselves with the zoom accidentally on.

Ahh... there we go.

Jen looks good with beach hair.  She is also sporting a nice little tan.  Unfortunately, as she gets older she gets more and more sensitive to the sun.  Her hands and feet have broken out.  I can barely look at her she's so hideous.
(just kidding... just a few splotches to mar her otherwise perfectness... she's looking over my shoulder if you couldn't tell...)

Remember the days of rolling around in sand.  This looks like torture to me now.

'Lose the inches .... follow the feet'.  These Ayrenese are so witty.


Fortunately she's too far away to see her jarringly flawed hands and feet.

Turn away!  Dear God, turn away!

Her freckles are cute, though.

Beach fun.  This dude was wind surfing up and down the coast.  It looked like fun ...for him, not me.

After dinner we went to O'Brien's for a pint.  It was just us and another Scot in the pub watching the England vs. Uruguay match.  I wanted to stay, but Jen wanted to go see Malevolent, the Disney flick with Angelina.  Guess who won that battle.


This is vintage Jen.  Camera is on her so she's smiling.  But I'm breaking a rule because I'm taking flash photography inside the movie theatre, so she's protesting. (it was the previews).  She didn't know what to do.
This was my first 3-D movie.  Pretty good experience.  I would rather have been in O'Brien's but Jen bought me my own popcorn and upgraded to the premium seats, so I shouldn't whinge.

No comments: