Monday, June 23, 2014

Nobody puts the speaker in a corner

While strolling through Hyde Park on our way to find cigars we saw that Speakers Corner was in full swing.  We've reported on this prior.  Someone with an agenda, usually political or religious, and starts speaking.  Crowds gather ... or not.  Sometimes they repeat what the speaker says and spout a bunch of amen's or mmmm-hmmmmm.  Sometimes they heckle.
If I had to get on the podium and speak on a topic I am an expert on I'd either talk about the 1970 Baltimore Orioles lineup or about cigars.  Typing that hurts me to the core.... I'm severely limited.

This guy's strategy was to wear a crazy hat and suspenders to attract a crowd.
One sign talks about loving God or burn!  The other is a congregation of atheists.  People have such passion.  I must be missing something.  Whatever I believe in, I keep it to myself.

 There has to be someone speaking about the Middle East.  It's a rule.
 This guy is .... um.... on leave from Hogwarts?
 I like this guy.  He reminds me of Les Nessman.  Do you remember Les Nessman?  WKRP in Cincinnati?  No?  Anyone?
 
 This guy looks like he's performing magic.  I should have suspected something when he introduced himself as The Electric Ernesto The One and Only.

Then it was off to find my cigars. We got diverted on Regent Street with a little shopping.  Jen bought a long skirt which is bound to make an appearance in the blog.  Something to look forward to.

 We wrapped up the day with a sit down in Green Park.  The perfect weather has continued.  We could not have picked a better week to take a holiday.  Tomorrow we start up back at work.  Jen will be planning our next long weekend shortly, I imagine.
 What movie did I reference in the title?



3 comments:

didi said...

Dirty Dancing

Mom said...

Of course I remember Les Nessman, though Johnny Fever was my favorite..

Fletch said...

You know, nobody puts baby in a corner...