Saturday, May 3, 2014

Dinner - Memento style

Remember the movie Memento?  I loved that film.  The story is told in reverse because he has no short term memory.  So you know where he and then he has to work backwards to figure out how he got there.  Sort of like these photos.  When I logged in I noticed that Bill posted them backwards.  Here we are at the end of the night.
Giving directions to strangers on the street.  I hope they found their way.
Dinner - Kitchen Table.  Tasting menu with Whitney!
Posting Facebook pictures of ourselves after a bottle of wine.  Dangerous.  I'm in my new reading glasses that I bought at the mall when Whitney and I were shopping in Burlington.
Selfie with an end-of-the-night blur.
Dessert - chocolate covered caramel ice cream.
Mine's the one without the nut.  I'm married to one, I don't need one on my ice cream.
Fast backwards to one of my favorite courses - Cheese and Radish.  I think the radish might be my all time favorite food.  Here it was smothered in melted butter with a pinch of salt.  Delightful!!!
The chef and is staff work in the center of the room while the guests all sit around a u shaped counter.  Our menu is on the board behind the bald guy.  
Whitney entertained us with stories about UK cleavage.  She thinks the women here all expose a lot more than their US counterparts.  So she decided to try to fit in. 

Did I mention how much I loved the radish course???  (This is the order of the pictures so I'm just going with the flow…we're back to radish….but honestly it looks as good as it tasted, doesn't it??)
I think this was our favorite since it made each of out top 3 lists.  The short rib beef with mashed potatoes and spinach in a garlic salt and with some sort of herb that took a year to mature.  Whitney and I can't remember now what took a year but we were very impressed that our little beef plate was a year in the making.
This is our chef trying to explain it to us.  If only we'd listened.
Happy Couple
Another happy couple
Truffle over home made pasta!
Trout with an oyster, carrots, and nasturtiums.
Another favorite...
Asparagus on top of a butter poached onion with house made yoghurt and picked red onion.  
SO GOOD!
Raw scallop with a ginger something sprinkled on the side.
Almost at the start of the night…the chicken skin with bacon jam.
Ordering drinks….this is where it all began.
The only thing that would make the night better would be if Aaron could have joined us.  We're taking good care of Whitney, Aaron but wish you were here. xx



1 comment:

amp said...

Sad to miss that one. Glad you had fun.