Sunday, January 5, 2014

Last day in Newburyport.... damn...

Old friend Derek came by and joined us for lunch, to the pub to watch the football playoffs and then to my Mom's to watch more football.
The boys made a bet on the first game.  Joey's Colts were getting their ass kicked at halftime 31 to 10.  (For those football troglodytes that's a huge deficit to overcome)
The loser had to eat the giant orange jawbreaker we bought at Richdale.  Joey eyed it with fear.
 When we got to my Mom's the Colts had made the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history.
Derek, a true gentlemen, immediately began work on the jawbreaker.  Three hours later he barely made his way past the orange color.  We'll monitor the progress of the great jawbreaker bet in blogs ahead.
 I always make comments that it is amazing I got Jen to love me.  But the longer we are together I realize she has less game than I do.  Jen winking, trying to look sexy in my hat.  Good God woman.  You can never leave me.
 All right... she's cute.. whatever....
 I cried today when I said goodbye to Mom.  I hate saying goodbye to Mom.
 I've been wearing this scarf for three weeks.  Why didn't anyone tell me I look like a showgirl?



No comments: