Monday, July 15, 2013

Saturday in London with Didi

We took the train to Waterloo and started shopping immediately.  I bought what everyone wants to buy on a hot July day - felted wool sweaters!  We stopped into this little kiosk on Gabriel's Wharf.  It seemed as if everything I tried on was made to my exact measurements so I figured I'd better stop at two.  Diane is an enabler too - I barely had the second one on before she started chanting, "Get them both!"  Watch for me in my new sweaters next fall.
 Book browsing under Waterloo Bridge (that's me with the red bag).
 Diane bought a painting at Skylark gallery on South Bank.  The woman at the shop told us that the artist would be in Skylark2 in the OXO tower so we headed over to meet her.  Kathleen Dutton could not have been nicer - she signed a special note to Di on the back of the canvas, posed for a photo and chatted with us for a long time about everything from art to numerology to US vs UK slang words...

Check out her art here: http://www.skylarkgalleries.com/pages/frame-artists.html

 Walking back for lunch we found a group of men in superhero costumes have a drink before going off to save the world.  Or was this a bachelor party?  If the women have Hen Parties what do they call the men's? (I have a corresponding name but will leave it to the reader to fill that in...)
 It's finally summer in London  - I love how universal it is for kids to strip down and play in a city fountain on a hot summer day.  

No comments: