Tuesday, July 9, 2013

10th Arrondissement

 In 2 hours and 15 minutes you can get from London to Paris on the train through the Chunnel.  So Saturday I hit the tracks to visit the City of Light to stay with David - an old friend from my high school days working at MediMart.  Doesn't he look happy to see me?   He's come a long way from "Price check at register 5!"  He has a fabulous apartment near the Gare du Nord so I thought I'd start with giving you a glimpse of my accommodations.  Here is the view from my bedroom balcony.

This poppy light fixture in the living room was quite futuristic - the heat from the lights would "open" the metal flowers.



Even the salle de bain had a gorgeous chandelier and stained glass windows.

 This is Hermione - that's pronounce like "ER-mee-own" as opposed to the Harry Potter's "her-MY-on-ee".
C'est très adorable, non?

Wall paper  - don't you love it???

One of the first things we did was run out for ice cream.  You can get 4 flavors in a cone without piling it all up like a giant snow man the way they do in the US.  Instead, each flavor is alike the petal of a flower on top of your sugar cone stem.  I had a salted caramel, vanilla, mango and black raspberry.

We walked over 23,000 steps both days so I covered a lot of the city - - stay tuned for snaps from my strolls!

1 comment:

chi said...

LOVE that pup!!! How fun and what a great apartment.... stay in and enjoy it - give the fitbit a break :-)