Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pesto is the Quiche of the 80's

Welcome guest blogger: DiDi!!

My week at Brocas Terrace is coming to an end tomorrow, so Jen invited me to do a guest post.  I can only hope this meets with Fletch's approval (though I don't think Fletch has ever done a guest post!)

Jen and Bill's flat (or is it a cottage?) is fabulous. It's amazing how the Brits utilize the space so well. Check out this funky shower door -- you'd think water would get all over the floor, but remarkably, it's quite effective.

Jen is a fabulous hostess. Breakfast each day was a lovely assortment of eggs, bread and fruit. And we had beautiful cheese plates and wine each night while watching Game of Thrones.  Many of the actors have appeared in other shows -- no need to check IMDB, though, Jen knows them all!
Are readers aware of just how much Jen loves England and the Queen?

She even did my laundry while I was out and about!!! (Does she do yours, Bill?)
Best of all, though, Jen hired a carnival to set up in the field behind her garden. 
In honor of Bill, I decided to take a cruise on the Thames and even fed the swans. 
Jen and I are having tea and seeing a show in London tomorrow, then off to Paris for the weekend. I can only hope the rest of my trip is as wonderful as the past week has been (though perhaps several degrees cooler!) Thank you Jen and Bill!!!! 

xoxo
DiDi

















1 comment:

Jen and Bill said...

best post of the year! wish I were in Eton.
But it was a bit tainted by Didi feeding the swans. Hate the swans.
xxoo