Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Train to Scotland

I took the train to Scotland today to visit Andrea.  Since I was traveling with Petey I took first class.  You can tell by the little head rest on my seat where it says "First..."  

 Was it worth it?  Hell, yes!  I had little minions serving me breakfast, unlimited tea, a newspaper, lunch, fruit etc.   Here is my toast, juice, and tea moment.  I had several such moments during the 4.5 hour ride.  Frankly, I was a little sad when it ended since I was in such a nice parallel universe of catered happiness.  Looking forward to the return ride on Sunday.
 Unfortunately I had to settle into a con call when I got here and by the time we were going to dinner it was dark out - so better pictures of Dean Village (Andrea's neighborhood in Edinburgh) tomorrow.  But these are the step down to her cottage - treacherous!  I wouldn't want to navigate these after too many drinks.  

Meanwhile, Bill and Sam bow tie it at our company's Sales Kickoff dinner.  We didn't get any awards but we should have.


No comments: