Sunday, October 7, 2012

London - all day and all of the night

For my birthday Jen and I spent a day in London.  Today we ventured to the Camden Market.
The Camden Market is a bizarre collection of booths and little shops.  Half of them seem to be peddling incense.  Jen and my head throbbed a bit at times because of it.  The shopping is hit or miss, but we did well today.  Jennie bought a new jacket within 10 minutes of arriving and later in the day I matched her with another wild pattered suit coat bought from my friend at A Dandy in Aspic.  The owner closed the deal by hiding behind Jen and moving her arms around and mimicking her voice to convince me how good the jacket looked.  

 After a moment in Hyde Park where we had tea and read a bit, Jennie gave me a boy-pass to try another cigar bar.  I now have a new favorite, The Lanesborough Hotel Garden Room.  See the picture below.  Jennie was even impressed by the asian pattern in the ash tray.  While Jen shopped (she was thwarted at Harrods due to the crowds, but managed to have a couple of bags in tow anyway) I had my scotch and cigar.  (Glenlivet 16 and an Upmann Magnum 50 for those keeping score).  Jen made me post the picture of her smiling with the cigar, not the one that actually looked like she knew how to smoke.


We ended the night in Belgravia, a London borough we stayed in a few years ago.  Despite a little chill in the air we ate outdoors.  Jen said she hopes she remembers that she had one of the best salads she ever had.  I love Jen for these proclamations.  Isn't life better when you pause to appreciate the best salad ever, or the best cigar bar ever?
Bonus points for naming the band I quoted the lyrics from in the title of the blog... "all day and all of the night"

6 comments:

didi said...

stones or beatles?

Jen and Bill said...

sorry, Di.... WRONG ANSWER....
Anyone else?

chi said...

The Kinks!

Jen and Bill said...

ding ding ding - Christin has it!

chi said...

what did I win? A full recap of the first three episodes of Season 3 of Downton Abbey??? (a girl can hope!)

Jen and Bill said...

Christin, if you really want spoilers just read the recaps here http://www.tvequals.com/category/uk/itv-uk/downton-abbey/

Definitely SFC (Safe for Christin)