Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Reality television in the 60's

This is my big brother Bob.  The picture was taken about 40 years ago.  40 years ago.  40 .....  years ...... ago .......
How could that be?  
This picture makes me think of the time Bob got his first job.  He washed dishes at The Century House, a Danvers restaurant for the blue haired set.  I remember the family piled in our van to pick Bob up from work.  The whole family would go around back and watch Bob work the end of his shift.  I recall how excited my younger brother and I were to go pick Bob up.  It was like he was a celebrity now.  Our goof ball older brother was out in the world .... washing dishes!
My thoughts today go back to one haunting point; how utterly humiliated Bob must have been to see his five family members grinning at him knowing his co-workers were storing this memory away to torture him on his next shift.

1 comment:

didi said...

can you please put fletcher's head on bob's outfit tomorrow?