Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Booker Night

I went to the Booker Prize readings in London last night.  I bought the tickets ages ago so I had fabulous seats although my pictures didn't come out very good. It must be a very big event here because they were simulcasting it to movie theaters around the country.  I invited Louise to join me which was good because she knew the train to take and how to get there.  Practically door to door service from Eton to Waterloo station so I now have a new train route under my belt for future excursions.  We had a very fun night - the authors all read a little from their books (only 5 mins each - perfect!) and then answered questions etc.  The prize will be announced tonight.  I've only read 1.5 of the books so I can't really but my money would be on Will Self who seemed to have quite a following there last night.  
Meanwhile Bill is still having fun in Boston seeing his old work pals and smoking cigars outside Trinity church.  He told me last night that he was going to post something but when I got up there was nothing new so you got my boring book event rather than some drunken work pix from Bill.

No comments: