Friday, October 24, 2014

Fubbie Fubbie Shubbukrubbie

How did old friends find each other before Facebook?  
My best friend from 3rd and 4rd grade sent me a message yesterday saying she was in London.
That's right, Mom and Andy, I had dinner with Fifi!!  
(She goes by Fiona now but she'll always be Fifi to us)
Bill had dinner with us too.


We talked about old friends, Archie comics, Chef Boyardee, the scar on her lip that she got at my house from a TV(we're still not sure how), my old Scottish babysitter, Mrs Snow, who let us run wild…
She always had the best name in Ubbie Dubbie (that language from Zoom - see blog title).

Ellen was there having dinner too.  Hi Ellen!


After dinner Bill left us to catch up on the past 35 years.  That's a lot of ground to cover.
She's a contractor for the US Government in Afghanistan and works in Kabul but is in London for a few days for a business meeting.  Doesn't that sound so….adult?  So Homeland? How is it possible that someone who may or may not have dropped a TV on her own lip was hanging out with me?  
We stayed until the bell with plenty more to say for next time.



2 comments:

Mom said...

What is this "dropping the TV"? Just one more of the many suspicious incidents from Mrs. Snow's tenure that I never heard about?!

didi said...

I'm wondering why you were lifting the TV in the first place?