Friday, October 10, 2014

A Thursday Night Bonus Quiz

Jerry and Jules invited us to another quiz last night at The Frontline - restaurant with a famous upstairs club for journalists.  Membership fees (as well as our quiz cover charge) go to the families of "fixers" killed or injured while working with the international media.
The club room is on the first floor (that's the second floor to our American readers).

I don't want to give the impression that Jerry and Jules go to quizzes EVERY night of the week like crazy obsessed quizzers.  This one is roughly monthly and it's organized by their friends.  There hadn't been one for a few months so thats why they got a group together to go last night.
Kat, Mike, Jean and Roger were The Orchestras.

Jerry, Jules, Bill and I were Weak Sauce.

The quiz was HARD!!  If Bill and I had been on our own we might have gotten two correct. 
Unlike the Victoria, I don't have the answer sheets to recreate the Q&A but take my word for it.  The only thing I remember was something about what day today would be on the Gregorian calendar.  I thought they meant an answer like "October 9" but instead the answer was 282.  Did you know it?  I didn't think so.
There was also a list of anagrams of tube stations.  Bill and I concentrated on that but we weren't able to finish before the time was up. 
In the end Orchestras won and we came in second - because Jules and Jerry are brilliant.

Once the quiz was over we could start having the real fun...


Jean and I had a very intense discussion about The Archers.  Is Rob really manipulating Helen?  Will Ruth and David leave Ambridge?  Would Jill go with them?




There was even some singing…with my eyes closed….

After, Jules wanted some chips from the shop across the street. 

She told us that Michael Jackson used to go here.  I guess they even had a sign saying that at one point but then all the MJ fans would come and sit around without buying anything so they took it down.  Of all the chip shops in London, is this where MJ would come to buy his chips?
Bill and Jules broke into their own MJ moves…his spirit is still alive at Micky's!

No comments: