Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Saturday - Lit Fest Day!

Beans beans they're good for your heart….my day started out with a quick breakfast at the diner with Chris, Earle and Dawn.  It's very British to have beans in the morning- I guess they propel you through the day, right?
 The ladies were ready to moderate sessions while I was dressed for a lot of running around and schlepping books, signs etc. but I did have my literary Moby Dick t-shirt on.

I was glad that I was able to poke my head in on Chris' session.  This was with an author who wrote a book about the history of America's eating habits.  It was a packed house!  I wish I could have stayed to enjoy it.  (If you look closely you can see Laura in the crowd!)

Later at the church we were waiting for Andre - as usual.  When he showed up with 3 minutes to spare and a big grin on his face he said, "3 minutes? That's early!! Let's go get a cuppa coffee!"  Standing room only for the town favorite.
Quick lunch with the gal pals!  Stacey, Gabby….
 Denise and Laura.
The afternoon was too busy for photos.  Lots of packing up books, cleaning up venues etc.  Then it's home to change and get back to the church for our closing event.  After nine months of planning the end is finally in sight.  There was a photographer backstage doing pictures for a story so we got him to take a few with my camera.  This is Andre and Wally on either end with Vicki and the editor-in-chief of O Magazine in the middle.
 Wally's photo shoot
On stage for the big finale.  I love Jenna's Brady Bunch pants.
And now the fun begins - party at Andre's.  Most of my party pictures were too dark and chaotic but a few of us came out (and I love US!)
 Vicki's first jello shot.



Another Lit Fest done and dusted.  Everyone keeps saying that this was the best one yet - it definitely was the best one for me because I had so many friends involved this year. I hope next year I can get even MORE into the festival (hint hint!) 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a friend and I'll be there..love the pix..shouldn't I be in the last one?? xxx

didi said...

Hi Laura, almost obstructed by the pole!