Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Quiz Night and A Few Oscar Worthy Performances

Quiz Night!!  I know everyone missed it last week while we were in Scotland so we're back at the Victoria!  I had my haircut today so the fringe is a bit short. (I just wanted to say "fringe".)
 Big news - we added a player to Weak Sauce tonight!!  Ann Maria from Ireland was our partner in crime.  We met Ann Maria at our dinner on Friday night (see earlier post).  We were so happy that she came to play with us!!

 Ann Maria is an actress so she taught us some of her acting exercises in between the rounds.

Small face:
 Big Face! (if there were an Oscar for Big Face I think I would win!!  Granted, it's mostly big MOUTH! I can literally put my fist in there.  I say, go big or go home.)
I guess it's an exercise to go back and forth between small face and big face.  I hear this is how Meryl Streep started.
 Next exercise - a donkey chewing on something really tough. I think I'm doing Olivier-level work going on here.   I scream HEE HAW!!
(look at that vein in my neck!! I'm grossed out and impressed with myself all at the same time)
 Ann Maria is a more dainty donkey.
 Ok, back to the quiz!!  This is the Jedi Knight team.  They are our closest friendly team - we sit near them every week and we score each other's rounds.  This week they were especially friendly as they came in and gave us a few sheets of scrap paper and a pen.  It sounds meager but I found it very touching.
 This is our quiz master Chris.  I have  a secret crush on Chris.  I love a man with a microphone and all the answers.
 The result?  8th out of 12 teams this week.  Still the bottom third but the questions seemed especially difficult.  This week's sample:
In what European capital is the headquarters of Greenpeace?
What game show host warned the contestants that if they lost it would be their BFH (bus fare home)?
Who graduated from Dogwarts University?
Pascal is the US measure for what?  (we had no idea - so much for being US)
Where is Happy Valley Racecourse?
Pontefract cake is what flavor?
What city did David Cameron do his Sport Relief run? (we, I mean Ann Maria, got this one right!)
 We were the very last people to leave the pub at 11:30 to walk Ann Maria home.  Bill got a last call in with our favorite barmaid Ellen.  She's been traveling in Ireland the past few weeks and we've missed her!

No comments: