Monday, April 14, 2014

Giving Fletch something else to complain about - more golf posts

Get used to seeing Dave and I on windy, beautiful golf courses.
The highlight of day two was on hole two.  The winds whipped the rain sideways, and we barely make it up the huge hill.  It was one of the hardest walks ever.  What made it great was that four Scots were heading back to the clubhouse, not bothering to continue on hole two.  There was a teenage kid, two middle aged men and an older chap.  Three generations of Scotsmen couldn't keep up with the two Americans.

They should have hung in there, because the winds slowed, the sun came out and we golfed one of the most beautiful courses ever.  It's the home of the 2014 Ryder Cup (which means nothing to any of our readers…. )






Dave is golfing the best he's ever golfed.  Happy for him, but wish I could give him some competition.
 Jumping for joy despite Dave kicking my butt.

We stopped on the two hour drive to St Andrews to take a couple of photos and to pee on the side of the road (marking our territory).


We got in nine holes at The Fairmont before we head to Carnoustie.  We are told that is one of the toughest courses we will ever play.  Wish us luck.  (I'm in my new Gleneagles Ryder Cup jacket.  My consolation prize after Dave squashed me.)

4 comments:

didi said...

Screw Fletch, Love this post! Has Dave eaten any Haggis yet?

Team Strunkin said...

I know what the Ryder Cup is

Fletch said...

I like golf so I am not going to bitch. I am also enjoying Booktopia. So there...

didi said...

Glad you are happy Fletch!