Thursday, February 7, 2013

Leeds Castle Continued!

This has been a week of nose blowing, coughing and gravelly voice.  Nothing blog worthy going on around here.  So here are a few shots from Leeds Castle that didn't make it into yesterday's post.  The first was taken in the center of a hedge maze on the castle grounds.  My claustrophobia was starting to show as I repeatedly asked Bill, "What do you suppose they do if people can't find their way out?  What would we do if we get stuck?  Really what would we do?  WHAT WOULD WE DO?"  Let me be clear, this maze was not very big but I really did feel that sense of panic start to creep up once we started going into dead ends and round in circles.  I'm only smiling because we made it.


The maze lead to an under ground grotto.  This was the silliest part of the castle's offerings.  Basically we were underground and there were a ton of mosaics and statues made out of shells??  We didn't really understand it and at that point we didn't want to take the time to read the explanation.  You'd think that I'd feel claustrophobic in an underground shell cave but I was fine.  Maybe I just have a fear of hedge?
Bill loves it when I imitate statues so this is what I had to do before we could leave.  Can you tell us apart?



2 comments:

didi said...

The only reason you are smiling is because there is a camera nearby!

amp said...

Would you not simply point your wand in the air and shoot off a jet of red sparks to alert Dumbledore and the other judges that you were lost in the maze?