Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day 2013

Bill and I don't tend to celebrate Valentine's Day but he did surprise me with a special treat - the fixin's for my favorite dessert waffle!!  I've posted before on the joys of the waffle (I would have to take a lot of time to find the post of my 5 favorite waffle experiences....a good blogger would link to that but I don't remember when it was.)  The first and favorite time was actually here in Windsor many years ago when we were here on holiday.  I even know where I was sitting (it's now Cafe Rouge by the train station.)  But I digress....

So what are the fixin's for my favorite waffle?  Belgian waffles (not breakfast waffles - more sugary and therefore more sturdy and crispy), strawberries and whipped cream.  This can of whip cream is especially timely since it looks like the Pope with his swirly cap.  Don't quit on me now Anchor Whipped Cream man!!
This is my concoction.  It's sort of a mess but I like it to be a little deconstructed so the waffle doesn't get too soggy.  I scarfed it down during a scene and a half of House of Cards.  Frank Underwood barely had time to double cross his nemesis before my plate was clean.
Here is the obligatory "couple in love" photo with matching sweaters and glasses.    We look like the kind of couple that sings harmony on show tunes during car trips (we don't).

No comments: