Saturday, February 16, 2013

Frampton Comes Alive ..... for a little while, at least

Last night we had dinner at the Horse and Groom.  I accidentally keep calling it the Horse and Hound, which is the magazine that Will Thacker (Hugh Grant) pretends he works for when interviewing Anna Scott (Julia Roberts).  So I know a few details from a charming rom-com.  Don't judge me, Fletch.

One of our topics last night was which career you'd rather have; Peter Frampton or John Cougar Mellencamp.  Frampton was king of the rock world for 15 minutes.  And then it was gone.  Mellencamp has been mediocre for three decades, but he's been semi relevant for all that time.  We both chose Frampton.
Hammy-Dave will be pleased.

7 comments:

didi said...

Little Pink Houses! Cherry Bomb! Check it out! I'll take JCM anyday.

didi said...

22 top 40 hits vs. 8
And guess which one is in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame?
I stand by JCM.
Bring it on Manderdini

chi said...

I have to go with Didi - I think you two are nuts to choose Frampton --- though I would have killed to have his hair :-)

do your plaids match?!?!?

Jen and Bill said...

JCM had 22 top 40 hits and they all sound the same. Its really just 1 top 40 hit recycled over and over... And that whole "Cougar" debacle was embarrassing. A Cougar is a 40 something woman on the hunt for young luv, John, not a name you want to take on stage.

Fletch said...

This post is wrong on so many levels. Jen, please change the password on the computer so Bill can't post anymore without your specific review and approval.

didi said...

Is Fletch in the Mellancamp or Frampton camp?

Fletch said...

I believe Mellencamp/Cougar had a better career and there is something to be said for dating Meg Ryan. However it is hard to top "Frampton comes alive" as far as specific albums. All that being said, I would skip both of them as I am a heavy metal guy...