Friday, September 21, 2012

From Farm to Table

Pete, Denise and I went to a Farm to Table dinner tonight at the SPL Farm near our house.  All the food was locally grown and prepared by the chefs from my favorite cheese shop.  Denise got a little over excited at the wine pairings and talked us into taking a cab  - - unfortunately this was unnecessary as the alcohol portions were fairly modest especially in comparison to the food portions which, confirmed by my gurgling stomach, were rather generous.  Of course, I didn't have to eat every morsel but I felt it was my part to play in this food chain.
 They served the meal in a gussied up rustic barn with everyone sitting at two long communal tables.  We met  a French woman from Ipswich (originally from Toulouse), a couple about to get married in three weeks whose wedding favors have the wrong year printed on them (2013) and a woman who is allergic to light green food (cucumbers, iceberg lettuce, etc).  It was the perfect way for me to say good bye for now to New England and head over to Olde England.



No comments: