Sunday, September 9, 2012

Curbside Drive

We got Doug behind the wheel of the Mini this afternoon.  (I had two pints at lunch so I told Doug he had to take the helm)
Despite Marge's jovial demeanor in the back seat she nervously coached Doug as he bounced off a few curbs.  I remember Jen saying the same thing to me 12 years ago when I first drove on our honeymoon.  Your instinct is to ease away from oncoming traffic when you sit on that side of the car.  Hence, you ride along the curbside.  I had two ales in me so I wasn't so nervous.  Doug got used to it by the end of our journey.  
Here is where we went for Sunday roast.

Back home we relaxed in the garden.  (I learned "garden" is the proper term for the back yard.  "Yard" to the Brits means a car size slab of hot top)

I'm off to work tomorrow.  Marge and Doug will pack a bit for their trip, shop around Eton and then we'll go out for our last meal together.
They will come back when they swing back on the back end of their three month tour of Europe.
Jen will be back this time.

2 comments:

didi said...

The garden looks lovely. Have you sat out there painting yet?

amp said...

Wow I had not thought of that! Will we be seeing a whole new series of original Mac Kay's?