Friday, December 12, 2014

Antiques and Music

For weeks I've been saying that Thursday morning I would go over to East London to the Spitalfields antique market.  So this week I finally got my act together and did it. Looking on the website, it said that it opened at 8:00 am but they were still setting up when I arrived after 9:00.


 I was hoping to do a little Christmas shopping but once I  got there I realized that the only person who likes all these old odds and ends is me!!! So I bought myself these vintage winter tea cups and saucers.    Perfect for a Christmas cuppa.
 After work I met Jerry and Jules to go see their flatmate Sophie in a concert.  They sang Monteverde's Magnificat II from Selve Morales e Spirituale and Handel's Dixit Dominus in cast that means anything to anyone. They were quite good.  The group is London Lawyer Music but I found out that they do have members from other professions. 

 Afterwards we went to the pub down the street.  One of the women there was a patent lawyer currently working on a case where a Korean man is trying to get a UK patent for something she called "training pants" for men but I'm not sure what they train you for.  I thought it was about bed wetting but she talked about how you can control them by how fast you walk!!  I wish I'd gotten a photo of her little fast walking pants demonstration.

This outfit made me miss Bill.  Bill would have livened it up with a pocket square.
 I made sure to get a selfie but none of us are looking our best here.  You'll be seeing lots more of Jerry and Jules this weekend as they are minding me while Bill is away.

No comments: