Sunday, March 16, 2014

Car Boot Sale

Saturday was a vintage car boot sale on South Bank.  Old cars, vintage outfits, antiques, food vendors and booze.  And of course lots and lots of people.
You can see the excitement in my eyes….shopping!
An old red double deck bus was converted into a bar - so you know you're in for a good time.


 As soon as we walked in I spotted this vintage cape.  It's hanging in my closet as I type.  It's super warm so you probably won't be seeing it on the blog until autumn.
Great people watching…so many folks came in vintage outfits.  It makes me realize how drab my wardrobe really is.





 I tried on several of these little fascinators…but really…could you image me going to get a buffalo chicken wrap in Newburyport in one of these?  I wish I was living  a fascinator life but I just don't think I'm there yet.


This one looks like someone left a red pancake and fried egg on my head while the woman behind me looks completely natural.
 So much old stuff!!  Love it!  Although this grouping looked particularly American but I suppose they had coke and gulf and pennzoil in the 50's in England too.




I could see Bill in this outfit.
I think that woman behind me is waiting to snatch up whatever is in my hand.  Too late, lady, it's mine!



 This is the car Bill SHOULD be driving…I can see me and Petey in the passenger seat with chiffon scarves blowing in the wind.  
Bill in 20 years?  He'll make such an adorable little old dandy! 










No comments: