Friday, May 31, 2013

Every Day is Jen Day (for this week at least)

Since Bill had to leave for Abu Dhabi on my birthday he left me a present a day until he came home.  Here is my bounty so far.  I should have actually added Simon into this picture because he is my real present but I forgot and I don't feel like taking another picture.  The cards are a mix of ones from Bill (on the left) and ones from the US.

Bill did a fantastic job, as always, focusing on what I love best - - books!!  And not just your run of the mill best seller.  He started the week off with a couple of oldies (we affectionately call these "yellow books").  I haven't heard of these but I love the cover of The Jury and these orange penguin books are always a collector item.  

I loved this book on Taxidermy - but who wouldn't??  The pictures are fantastic - check out these pugilist squirrels!  I seriously think I'm headed down a slippery slope with this....



Next was this PandP graphic novel.  LOVE.  And The Amateur Gentleman - that's the big hardcover in the middle.  A regency romance from 1913 with these fabulous illustrations.  DOUBLE LOVE.


Today's present broke the book trend - a new ipod.  I use 2 - one for music and one for podcasts.  Both are ancient (in fact, Bill gave me my music ipod on my 40th birthday 7 years ago!) but the podcast ipod was lost, then found, and now won't synch so it's time for a new one.  

Tomorrow is my last present.  What does this paper bag hold???

No comments: