Tuesday, May 14, 2013

More Bath

I'm still madly in love with our new flatmate (the fantastic Mr Fox) but I do have to admit that I tend to jump a few inches when I turn on the living room light and see an animal in the house.  I wonder if that is registering on my fitbit? 
He appreciates the warm welcome from blog readers.  We still do not have a name so we will welcome suggestions.

Meanwhile, I'm sure this morning everyone ran to the blog thinking, "I hope Jen is posting more pictures of Bath!"
This is a shot of Bill and I in front of the Royal Crescent....we are completely in front of it since you can't even see it in the background.

Lunch at one of our favorite little eateries - Same Same but Different.  Isn't this a great picture of Bill??  
Typical spring weather drove us in to the movie theater Saturday afternoon.  Bath has the usual chain theaters but we loved this little independent theater tucked in a back ally.   We went to see Mud with Matthew McConaughey which was actually very good (recommended!)  The theater itself was great - the popcorn was excellent (we got salty, not sweet which is also an option in the UK) and the seats were incredibly comfortable.  And orange.  You know how we love orange.  Don't they look like big comfy chairs?  



 "Hmmm...I say, what would you like to do now, Miss Eickhoff?"
"I'd love a spot of tea, Mr. Mackay."
Back to Bea's Vintage Tea Rooms.


 Various shots of Bath  - not the usual tourist spots but the back roads and neighborhood on our way back to the B&B.    The picture below on the right looked like a community garden where neighbors were all working on their plots.  It seemed very usual to find a row of houses painted different colors when everything else in bath is the golden yellow of Bath Stone.


1 comment:

Mom said...

"Sly" (as in Stallone) Fox?