Sunday, May 26, 2013

Boy Seeks Bacon

A sunny Saturday morning means we are up "early" and on the train to London (once we got in synch the night before on everyone's definition of early). The kids wanted to check out more markets so we headed to Spitalfields.  
 But first we needed nourishment.   The Breakfast Club has been on my list for a while - every time we pass it there is a long line outside which means it's the place to be!  (If everyone was lining up for colonoscopies I'd be pushing my way in to be part of the IT crowd...)  The Breakfast Club delivered it's promise - good food and a good day.
 Back of the line but happy to be there.
We were actually seated fairly quickly into a booth with a view.  I hope those who know Joey noticed that he is not wearing a sports team jersey.  For the past 20 years I have rarely seen him in a shirt without a big number on the back.  He impressed us on this trip with his new adult wardrobe.
 Dressing like an adult doesn't mean you have to act like one though.  
 I had the Posh Sausage Sandwich...delish!!  (Fletch, it's been a long time since I posted photos of food.  Enjoy my sausage!!)
  Joey has been on the hunt for bacon for the past 10 days.  After repeatedly ordering things with bacon and really getting ham I told him to give up hope.  However, the BC offered a plate called The American with streaky bacon....success!!

No comments: