Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Irish love a good tune

After my first in person festival meeting of the season, we grabbed dinner at the Tavern.  This is where they have a quiz on Tuesdays that we hope to start attending soon.  It was hard not to compare it to the Victoria.  There are some pluses - a good menu and my favorite steak and blue cheese salad - but there are some minuses - a big open space that isn't very conducive to chatting with strangers.
But one pleasant surprise was the music.
A group was jamming in the corner playing Irish tunes.  Have you ever noticed how Irish tunes all sound alike?  It must make it easy to join such a jam when there is only one basic song.
See what I mean about a big space?  It's like I'm eating all by myself in a warehouse.  But it was nice to be by the fire on a cold night.
This finely coiffed gentleman was sitting behind me.
I'm working on my photo mojo…not quite there yet….

2 comments:

didi said...

I'm not sure Americans like sitting close to their neighbors and chatting with strangers...Fletch, do you talk to strangers in bars or stick to your group?

Lisa Roberts said...

In no time, Jen & Bill will have that room all sitting together and have new best friends with new team names and have a rocking scene just like at the Victoria.