Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Blogtopia!!

Fletch is on the East Coast and his dream was to spend an evening in Blogtopia.  "It's like Booktopia only better, " he told me.  While I hate to argue with one of our most loyal readers, it wasn't anything like Booktopia but I do appreciate the sentiment.  The idea was to get a group of blog readers together to meet face to face but unfortunately things didn't work out that way so it was Bill, Fletch and I meeting up in Lowell for dinner.
This is us saying hello to all the other blog readers!
We chose an interesting place for Blogtopia - one that I don't think any of us will go to again.  An Irish/Mexican pub that felt like you were sitting in warehouse with very little heat. I suggested sitting by the fire - only to realize it was it was just a light with moving paper made to look like a fire.  Bill's hands weren't getting any warmer.
But wait - it was quiz night!!!  They played more like Jeopardy with a buzzer.  The hard part wasn't knowing the answer, it was buzzing in before the other teams.  
We were, of course, Weak Sauce.
I think we won the buzzer maybe three times??  And answered two of those correctly?  We are team number five on the board but we did have a few points before the end.
Since we weren't writing the questions down I don't even remember them.  It was more memorable to hear Fletch talk about his work on his local police force and his piloting (he has shared ownership in a plane) and his hockey coaching…he's a renaissance man. Fletch would have a much more interesting blog than we have. I think we need more guest posts from Fletch:  Fletch on the beat!  Fletch in the air!  Fletch on ice!
Fletch will be back again - hopefully in a warmer month - and we will have Blogtopia Two.  
Sign up now!!

2 comments:

Fletch said...

Best blog post ever. Worst place to eat and drink. Next time we will let Jen pick. more Jen, less Bill....

Lisa Roberts said...

I'm in for Blogtopia anytime!