Friday, February 20, 2015

Cereal Killer

One of the differences between the US and the UK is the abundance.  We don't just have something - we have a LOT of it.  This is most obvious at the super market. I remember when I first went food shopping in Windsor I was amazed at the lack of choice...because they only had 5 or 6 brands and styles to choose from instead of 40.  For example - cereal.  I think Bill ate Frosties ever day for 2.5 years because that was the only sugary cereal there was.  There were a few other cereals (Wheatabix, Speical K, Cheerios, Rice Krispies) but when you want your cereal to really be a breakfast candy, Frosties is it.

In America, I can get half a day's worth of Fitbit steps just walking down the cereal aisle.  It's obscene how many choices there are.  Bill had a bonanza when we got back.  I sent this photo to Jerry and Jules so they could see a typical American cereal aisle.  
 Shopping with Bill is always fun.  He loves to put strange items in the basket to see if I'll notice.  
Since this pic isn't really enough for it's own post I'll throw it in here…a couple weeks ago there was a low full moon over Joppa Flats.  That's Plum Island across the river.  This is one of my absolute favorite spots in Newburyport and it's so close to our house - I'm glad I can walk by it every day.
 It wouldn't be a February blog post without a reference to snow and ice.  This is when Bill was working on those ice dams the other day.  He was trying to cut off that GIANT icicle until I yelled out the window that it was hanging off an outside cable that may or may not be our internet.  The icicle lives to see another day.

2 comments:

didi said...

When Anne and Maeve visit from Ireland, they always say things like, "How many kinds of mayonnaise do you really need?"

Blogger said...

Did you consider picking the #1 Bitcoin exchange service - YoBit.