Monday, September 8, 2014

Hopper

While Jen did some work at home on this weekend I trekked to Piccadilly to The Burlington House where there was a Dennis Hopper photography exhibit.
Whenever I pass the Wellington statue, a photo must be taken.
Hopper is known for his acting in movies; Easy Rider, Apocalypse Now and my favourite, Hoosiers.  He is lesser known for his photography.  In the 60's he captured the political and social changes on film, having a unique seat in the middle of it all.  

He was with Martin Luther King on his marches.  He hung with Hell's Angels.  He was in Harlem during it's most charged period.  And he had access to the biggest celebrities of the times.
Hopper lived a life.




One downside was that the photos were tiny for an exhibit.  The other was that the crowds made it hard to take it all in.



'You said this was an Edward Hopper - the painter, not Dennis Hopper - the psycho who played Shooter in 'Hoosiers''

They showed Easy Rider clips

The 60's were the best.  I wish I could grow my hair and beard like Hopper's.  And I want one of those wood bead necklaces.

Outside the Hopper exhibit there was a spaghetti and meatballs piece.
Forget the beaded necklace, I want this.

I don't want the chicken cod piece.

Goodbye, Dennis Hopper

Back home Jennie looks stunning in her long skirt.
This picture would be better if there was a giant fork with a meatball and spaghetti behind her.

1 comment:

didi said...

Very impressed that you visited the Hopper exhibit when it was still open!