Saturday, September 27, 2014

Friday Night on Kensington Church Street

Yesterday on my morning walk I passed two places that I wanted to go back to -- we wound up hitting them both last night. 
This was the first.  They claim to have the best brunch in London so I was going to suggest it for the weekend but then we saw it was open for dinner and went in.  
It was small and candle lit but not pretentious at all.
The menu had so many delicious options.  Hard to choose….
(Whitney -  I've come a long way since "Grilled cheese or Friendly Frank?")
I chose the venison steak and it was delicious!!!!!!
We know how much Fletch likes food photos so we took these especially for him.
Winter greens
Butter.
We decided to stop at this pub on the way home.  A lot of pubs have great flowers outside but this one is fantastic.  We've been meaning to go in so tonight was our night.
The ceiling was covered in hanging chamber pots.
And there were Churchill items on every shelf.
We got a laugh out of the graffiti on this war poster
Bill went to get our drinks and I found myself talking to a woman who was waiting for her takeaway dinner.  I invited her to sit down and we all wound up chatting away for the rest of the night.
Frances and I became fast friends. We heard about her past jobs, her ex-husband, her ex-partner, her mother's death, the fact that she is having a massage today…we covered a lot of territory.  Was it the alcohol or did we make a new friend?  Time will tell.





No comments: