Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Mad Menagerie

On Saturday we heard about an exhibit that seemed designed for us full of bizarre taxidermy.  It was in this house but I'm not going to name names since, of course, we weren't supposed to take pictures.  We are getting good at taking pictures where we aren't supposed to.  We could be spies...except that we'd blog about it.
 I don't know how many birds went into making this.  It was all wing, no heads.
 Sheep head on a dog body....
This was one of my favorites - A gull covered in ants with other strange bugs divebombing it.
 
 Flies - perfectly strung in straight lines.  Where did they get all the flies??
Simon is going to want his own chaise lounge if he sees this...(those are wooden furniture legs sticking out.)
After all the strange displays you walk past this room of peacock feathers.  If you blow on them they sway like grass. 
After the exhibit we strolled through the park and gardens.  Mr. Dibley enjoyed the strange topiaries. (I'm making this note after posting this blog...I thought the picture I added was of Mr. Dibley in the bush - I didn't recognize my own head.  This is how senility starts, isn't it?)

Then a relaxing break in the grass for a smoke and a book. You know a book is good if I'm willing to lug that big hardcover around with me.  And checking in on Facebook of course.



3 comments:

Mom said...

I would have LOVED this place. Bt the way, what is the fascinating hard cover?

didi said...

What's the book?

Jen and Bill said...

I'm glad I've got everyone so intrigued....the book is Night Film my Marisha Pessl. I'm about 3/4s through so I'm hoping the ending lives up to the plot.