Friday, March 1, 2013

I Heart Churchill

Poor Bill.  His hosting duties last weekend included a trip to the WWII museum to see the underground war rooms of Winston Churchill.  I was so excited to finally be there after weeks of saying I was going to go and then somehow not actually going....until now - yippee!



The museum was everything I'd hoped for - hours of Churchill and WWII.  I loved watching a woman explain a rotary phone to her kids.  They were totally fascinated by it.  Watching her explain it made me wonder why they ever used a rotary system instead of buttons in the first place.  A rotary seems so complex now, doesn't it?  
I'm happy to say that Bill made it through the museum alive and maybe even learned something.  Now I need DiDi to visit so we can drag him to Bletchley Park (the hub of Britain's WWII code breaking!!)
Speaking of Di....Happy Birthday from across the pond! xx

2 comments:

chi said...

A most happy birthday Di!

amp said...

Is that where they filmed Skyfall?