Friday, March 8, 2013

Greetings from Bangalore

I am popular with the hotel staff.  I finish each night here in India by having a cigar and hanging with the hotel staff.  Good people.
However, if I were running a hotel having five bellmen waiting for cars to drive up on a Wednesday night seems like they are in desperate need of a new approach to scheduling their employees.

 In addition to all the bellmen there is the Captain.  I like how they salute you when you come and go.
The open hand salute reminds me of Bennie Hill.  The Benny Hill of India.  Brahjendra Hill.
An odd moment at dinner last night.... I grabbed a late bit in the hotel (I had idli, a little rice saucer shaped meal).  Two Indian guys in suits approached me and invited me to eat dinner with them.  They said they were finance guys in town from Mumbai.  Then they said I am very handsome.  I politely said no thanks.   I thought they were just awkward Finance guys.  Jen thinks I am lucky that I am not working in on a sex slave farm today.


4 comments:

chi said...

it's the NBPT fleece that just put the finance guys over the top!

didi said...

Imagine how handsome the Mumbai guys would have thought you were if they had seen you in one of your pink/green/mustard ensembles!

snowbound Amie said...

maybe one of those scam emails about being in trouble in a foreign land might have been true!

Anonymous said...

Good thing for Jen we didn't have Indian restaurants in Needham for her childhood . . .