Sunday, March 10, 2013

Edinburgh via Hogwarts

I'm up in Scotland today.  I took the Hogwarts Express via Platform 9 3/4.  I brought my big trunk and my empty birdcage.  You never know when you might need a birdcage.
 As soon as I arrived I had to get back on the train to Drumgelloch for the Dunfermline vs Airdrie football match.  Despite the bitter cold, the match was fun and even exciting with a last minute goal for a 3 to 3 draw.  As you can see, there weren't many people at the game today - our side of the stadium was the only seating for this match which means we looked at three other sides of empty seats.  That's kind of depressing.  Imagine going to a Red Sox game and every seat is empty except the bleachers?  Unlike the games I've been to in the past, I was finally sitting with the rowdy folks.  Constant songs, chants, and drum beats helped to keep the energy level going.  
Red noses and wool hats give you an idea for how cold it was.  
 Tapas for dinner back in Edinburgh.  This picture doesn't do the decor or Andrea any justice.  
Tomorrow Andrea has to go to a birthday party in the middle of the day so I'm on my own to toodle around town.  Will I sight see or get side tracked with shopping?  Only time will tell.  Meanwhile, the news from Bangalore is that Bill really enjoyed his day of golf and will be having another one tomorrow before he flies to Mumbai on Monday.  (I believe "Mumbai Monday" was a big hit for The Mamas and The Papas...)

2 comments:

amp said...

Did you do any JK related tourist visits? is there a plaque at the hotel by the room where she finished the last book?

Jennifer said...

We haven't done much in the way of HP sightseeing overall (I didn't do any on this trip to scotland) but we are planning to go to the Harry Potter Studio tour when Joey gets here in May. I've noticed that there are many different coffee shops claiming to be the one where she wrote when she was just "Joanne".