Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mini Break Part 3

I didn't get a chance to post the last leg of our Cotswold mini break.  Here are some of my favorite things from the day.
I tried to take pictures of sheep every day from the moving car (for Lisa because she loves sheep.  Noelle, if you are reading this all I can say is so does Abe Lincoln)  But then we saw this idyllic scene and we had to pull over (even though they are cows).
 Our final city on the three day tour was Bath.  We had to go pick up our Queen poster that Bill posted the other day.  I saw this little restaurant that I want to go to next time aptly named the  Hole in the Wall.  I should have stood by the door to give you some perspective but this was a restaurant built under the side walk. I think I said it before - the Brits know how to leverage small spaces.
 No mini break would be complete without discovering an independent bookshop.  This one has several special features that I plan to take advantage of at some point....they do book spa days where you pay for an hour long conversation about books with one of the book loving employees and then they select a stack of books that fit your taste.  Also in the shop they have  a little corner booth the door is the one with windows) where you can pay 3 pounds and get 30 minutes of time with earphones on to sit and read.  Book lovers know that after you pick out a pile of books you need to do the final review to make sure you buy the right ones....this is the perfect setting for that book buying selection process.
 We ended the day with a rest in the park with tea.  There was a wedding in process.  A British wedding means there will be fascinators!!!  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascinator)  
Thanks, Will, for a brilliant mini break. xoxo Sausage

No comments: