Sunday, August 5, 2012

Marylebone




 It started out as what we are learning is a typical British day.  Pouring rain.  I packed two big umbrellas and we headed into London.  Reports that the tourist crowd is actually down during the Olympics inspired us to head to Marylebone.

The umbrellas were not needed (and ended up being a pain to lug around town).  As you can see below, the weather was gorgeous.  Jen spent an hour and a half at Dante Books, which was on her endless checklist of independent bookseller to see.  And I spent that time with my two friends, Scotch and Cigar.
  After a little shopping we hung out at Regents Park.  Nice find.  Beautiful gardens.   

1 comment:

amp said...

When we stayed in Mayfaire in March, Will and I couldn't get our jaws off the ground from the amazing array of top drawer/top gear cars parked right on the street. I swear we saw like $1 million of autos on one short block.