Friday, August 23, 2013

Where was Bill on the night of August 17?

Breaking news from Windsor - someone hosted a Swan BBQ on the banks of the Thames.  They killed, cooked and ate the bird leaving the smokey carcass behind.  You can read the story here.
Now we all know how much Bill hates the swans.  I think it's only a matter of time before the Queen's patrol come knocking on our door wanting to know more about this photo.

Meanwhile, in the blogosphere, I've found several interesting blog posts that I wanted to share with all of you.  

I just found this blog - Messy Nessy Chic and was especially taken by this post of Preserved Moments of Historical Sass (Vol 5).  
I just scrolled through trying to pick my favorite and I just can't!!  The woman riding the sheep??  The men about to go swimming  in the late 19th century?  The kid with the pipe?  Or maybe the absolute joy of the women with their skirts blowing up in "Fun Fair".   And I haven't even checked out volumes 1 - 4 yet!

I also stumbled across this site called The World Needs More Love Letters.  This is a project where people write love letters to strangers and leave them in places for people to find.  You add the web site on the note so they can post about finding it.  Anyone can do it and you can get on their Love Letter Alert List.  You can also nominate someone to receive love letters.  I haven't read the site in depth but I love the idea of all these people leaving little notes around to make a stranger's day.  The world DOES need more love letters.

No comments: