Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Naked Ladies of Twickenham

Behold the Naked Ladies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Naked_Ladies) - eight oddly posed women and two aquatic horses made of marble in the gardens at York House in Twickenham.  I saw these on one of the London blogs that I follow and wanted to see them for myself since they are right on our train line to London.  I can honestly say that these pictures do not do them justice - the scene was really beautiful in person and these shots do not quite capture it.


 

   Their poses were inspiring.  Despite being clothed and rather unladylike, I tried to get in on the action.  Technically I think this pose is impossible without falling onto your face.
 Somehow everything looks more elegant in a sepia tone....well, almost everything.  I did entertain the other spectators, several of whom (men) noted loudly that I was over dressed.
Since it was Maeve's birthday this weekend Travel Monkey wanted to make an appearance.  
Happy Birthday Maeve!


No comments: