Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I play where Bond plays

While Jen worked I had the bank holiday off.  I went to golf at a posh country club next to Slough.  Poor Slough.  Surrounded by affluence and their known as "F*#^ing Slough".
As you can see in the background the club house is a mansion.  Only the best for me.

 They even filmed a scene from Goldfinger here.
I was told to bring the travel monkey along, so he got into a couple of pictures.  I had to stealthily take the pics without anyone seeing me.  I thought I would be kicked off the course if they saw me with a pet monkey. 
 Hot day today.  Travel monkey took a quick dip in the ball washer.

1 comment:

Kats said...

Bill, you should definitely hook up with our friend Dave in Beaconsfield! He is a member at Stoke Park and pays tennis there at least once a week, but he also plays golf (not as frequently as tennis), and I'm sure he'd happily hit a few balls with you (tennis or golf) if you're interested.

Stoke Park is so gorgeous; we've been there quite a few times with him, and the kids got to enjoy the pool when they were younger (now it's all about the tennis). It also served as filming location for one of my favourite Brit movies "Layer Cake" (with Daniel Craig) and Bridget Jones' Diary. Great place. Love your photos and the fact that Travel Monkey wangled himself a day pass. Nice one!