Sunday, August 25, 2013

Rainy day in Russell Square

It was a rainy day so we hung at a pub in London for lunch and hit the movies after.
The English are great at taking over a pub all day.  We didn't have that staying power but we did settle in nicely.


 Raining in Russell Square
This was the hardest concentrated rain I think we've had in our year here.  For five minutes it was a bucket pouring of rain.  The only thing to do was to have tea and do a little shopping.
Jennie stalking the streets of London in a dark alley.  An unsuspecting Brit might wander into the alley and suddenly get assaulted with prose from Persuasion.  
"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope...I have loved none but you! 

Now they were as strangers; nay worse than strangers, for they could never become acquainted!

  .... Come back here!... I have more...."

Then it was off to the movies.  We saw the The Kings of Summer.  
I suck at reviews, so I'll just use bullets to summarise:
* Coming of age story of three boys
* Some of the plot lines are stretches of reality, but go with them
* Nick Offerman (of Parks and Recs) is great as the dad who's a dick
* See it.  Loved it.

1 comment:

Kats said...

Saw the super heavy rain on MOTD this morning - worse than we've had. I'm impressed you still got so many steps in despite it, Jen!
Is that the postal book club book you're reading??

I lived very close to Russell Square tube stop for a year (Cartwright Gardens), feel homesick for my past life when I hear the words!