Monday, August 12, 2013

London Afternoon

Before our fabulous dinner (see yesterday's post) we spent the afternoon wandering around the city.  I've only been away two weeks but it feels much longer for some reason.  Bill has been away over six weeks so we both were excited to be back. While we were away they put up a big blue chicken on the plinth in Trafalger Square.  We dressed in blue to match.

We brought Mr. Dibley with us.  He also missed London. I think Bill and Mr. Dibley look cute in their matching bow ties.

Where's Mr. Dibley??
We had only one destination on our wander before dinner....I wanted to see the giant Mr. Darcy statue in Hyde Park's Serpentine lake.  I left Bill and Mr. Dibley in their loungers while I searched.
And if you don't know what I'm talking about, check this out: http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/jul/08/mr-darcy-statue-pride-and-prejudice
NO DARCY!!!!!!  This is my angry No Darcy face.  I guess it's already on the move.
But I couldn't stay angry for long.  A group picnicking near us offered us their last clean plastic glass and the end of their bottle of Proseco.   We aren't really champagne drinkers but they were so nice and it seemed like a mini welcome back to London celebration so we indulged.  I did have that moment of wondering if we should drink something given to us by strangers but I figured that Bill and I could die in the park together if it was poisoned.  (Mr. Dibley looks a little worried though!)

After a day of lollygaggling we had to hustle to get to the restaurant on time.

No comments: