Thursday, February 27, 2014

Tea in Little Venice

Another topic I've beaten to death is the narrow boat.  As you know, I love these.  (Which is sort of odd because I actually do not like anything nautical or sailing and I've spent too much of my home owner's life battling water damage to my house.  Imagine that fight in a boat!)  But I'm so happy that we live just a few minutes away from Little Venice behind Paddington Station.  One of the staples of Little Venice is this little cafe.
Who wouldn't want to have tea or lunch in a narrow boat on the water?
 It's a little wider than some of the other boats I've seen but I suppose it would have to be in order to fit enough tables to make a living selling tea and paninis.
As soon as we sat down I started in with my usual ridiculous statements about how we are going to come back EVERY weekend or, failing that level of frequency, at least have lunch there the next time Bill works from home.  (This has yet to happen…)

When we left there was another narrow boat pulled up directly behind the cafe with a dog on it.  We have no idea what was going on - probably nothing much - but we liked seeing the dog on the boat roof and I knew several of our readers would like that as well.

2 comments:

chi said...

one of your best posts ever!

didi said...

very cute boats. i wonder why we don't have them in US? dog is very cute, he almost looks like a weathervane.