Sunday, February 23, 2014

Broadway Market

When we have nothing to do on a weekend day, we head to a market.  We know there will be food to eat, food to bring home, music, and lots of people watching.  One of the (many) nice things about living right in the city is that we can buy food and get it home quickly without carrying a bag of groceries around all day and night.

I wonder if more than one bloke has used this as a proposal since it seems to be a permanent fixture on the wall?


We bought a few packages of home made  pasta - duck and wild boar.  We also decided to try these salted caramel whoopie pies.  I'm not sure I would have known they were salted caramel if they hadn't told me.
 Mr. Dibley came along today.  He was happy to get out and about.
 Happier than Bill looks.  I'm not sure why I got him looking so grumpy.
Meanwhile, I look pretty satisfied.
 Meringue is quite popular here.  Is it now big at home?  I like the little meringue kisses in different flavors.  It's pure sugar but it's deceptively light as opposed to the whoopie pie.  I had to buy a few.
 I wanted to buy one of these just to try it but the line was long and the flow of the crowd was pushing us along.  I've always wondered what a Scotch Egg was like and here was a Black Pudding version.  Next to it as a Haggis version.   I guess that gives us a reason to go back.
 Slightly blurry pics of people shopping….

 Our entertainment - they were very good. It was a beautiful day and a even felt a little warm in the sun. 
We even got a little canal walking in.  I didn't notice it until I look at this picture but how (and why) did someone spray paint "PROBAT" on the top of that building??

No comments: