Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sunday in Sydney

Sunday in Sydney was pretty entertaining.  Even given our new high-bar we've set over our past couple years.  We're so far from the sink series.  I miss the sink series.  I may take advantage of the ridiculous time zone here and sneak a Sydney sink into the blog while Jennie is sleeping.

For now, we have fire safety in our hotel to start the morning.  No idea why.  They didn't seem urgent.
 Then it was off to the city for Chinese New Year,  I met Robyn and Kevin who were lovely hosts.  I've only met Robyn's Kevin a couple of times but I love him.  He asks random questions and so interested in others stories that you can't help but feel good around him.

I had a lovely Tsingtao.  Robyn thought I was taking her picture. 

Then we caught the festivities for CNY.  I speak in acronyms now.
The Sydney CNY was .... cute.  Nothing as extravagant as London but with the giant Asian population it was well attended.

Slight whinge here... their music is tough to take.  They have a band (loosely defined as a band, but I'll give it to them) wacking away at some of the loudest music-void instruments.  When they walk through the inside markets the sound is deafening.  They cannot think it sounds good.  No one would download their tunes on iTunes.

This street busker is the epitomy of why we hate clowns.  He was an Asian guy who scowled at people daring them to take his picture and then assaulting the photographer to pay him.
I took long distant shots and zoomed in.  He scared me.


We saw a couple of wedding ceremonies.  Beautiful backdrop of the Opera House.
  

I think you can pay to be a pirate for the day.
Then it was off to meet Peter, who is always entertaining.  I was lucky to get my glasses back.  I usually lose some article of clothing to him when I visit.  I consider it my exchange program for his excellent hospitality.
Peter always knows the cool bars to go to.  Very upscale.  Many skinny blonde girls.

My night ended with me Facetimeing Sam while he's in Japan on holiday.
Any one of these little events would have been a big moment on our old blog in the past.  They have become routine, but I'm trying not to take any of them for granted.



3 comments:

chi said...

Do a toilet series while you are down under so we can see the water go the other way! So much more exciting than the old NBPT sink series!

didi said...

You facetime with Sam? Why have we not been facetiming?

didi said...

I would like to see more animals from your travels, please.